Garrett's AZ blog

Insightful thoughts and the occasional rant. Or occasional thoughts and insightful rants.

September 17, 2004

Skin Blotches Found on Women!

It was good to read I'm not the only one that loathes tattoos on women. I couldn't say it better than Lileks. As I've been watching the growing skin altering trend I seldom feel disgust, but usually sad amazement and pity. I'm starting to see the tattooed crowds change from being just young, "hip" kids in their late teens, to moms with strollers, to middle aged women. I don't know if these older marked ones are newly blemished, or if the tattoo fad has been ongoing for that long a portion of our generation.
What was barely overlookable on young, shapely women really becomes unappealing on out of shape 30-somethings. Maybe that's the point, it is meant to scare men off. I supposed there are some men that are attracted to the giant above-the-butt designs or shoulder gunk. If they get into a long-term relationship with such a women, I wonder what both of them will think about it in 15 years?
I've yet to notice it on career women, except those in the entertainment industry. I recall that women in the seedier entertainment venues were some of the first to embrace these ugly splotches. I wonder when the engineers and businesswomen where I work will start having distracting logos emblazoned on their epidermis?
What I keep saying is if you want to ornament yourself, get a nice design on a shirt, dress, bandana, something other branding the thing on your skin.