Garrett's AZ blog

Insightful thoughts and the occasional rant. Or occasional thoughts and insightful rants.

September 20, 2004

Songs for the moment

...Cause everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends...REM.
I tried, I can't do it myself.
Lyrics links are all I can now offer. Even without the music... Oh, to be able to write like that, to be able to play, sing, communicate like that.

If I needed you
Would you come to me
Would you come to me
For to ease my pain
If you needed me
I would come to you
I would swim the seas
For to ease your pain
Emmylou Harris version of, If I needed You.

I tried so hard, my dear, to show that you're my every dream
Yet you're afraid each thing I do is just some evil scheme,
A memory from your lonesome past keeps us so far apart.
Why can't I free your doubtful mind and melt your cold, cold heart?
Hank Williams

Pretty flowers were made for blooming
Pretty stars were made to shine
Pretty girls were made for lovin'
Little Maggie was made for mine.
Bill Monroe, Little Maggie.